“Eco-innovation is any innovation that reduces the use of natural resources and decreases the release of harmful substances across the whole life-cycle of a product.”
The eco-innovation concept emphasizes the adoption of innovative products and processes to contribute to sustainable development. Investing in eco-innovation is crucial to ensure Europe’s global leadership by creating new business opportunities, jobs and growth. Bearing this in mind, the Green Growth Community is contributing to the development of new solutions to foster eco-innovation in the MED area..
- Fostering sustainable Innovation in SMEs by designing, launching and testing e-Labs for Creative Innovation (CREAINNOVATION, Create sustainable Innovation in SMEs using creative methods and processes);
- Providing innovative green procurement solutions for energy savings/efficient refurbishment of public buildings (GRASPINNO, Transnational model, strategies and decision support for innovative clusters and business networks towards green growth, focusing on green e-procurement in EE/RES for energy refurbishment of public buildings);
- Enhancing Mediterranean trans-regional cooperation for green manufacturing innovation (GREENOMED – Mediterranean Trans-Regional Cooperation for green manufacturing innovation)
- Methodology for the development of green public e-procurement criteria;
- Guidelines for public-private partnerships to achieve energy efficiency in public buildings;
- Living Labs (LLs) to support and strengthen the capacity of innovative clusters and networks in green growth and eco-innovation;
- Transnational Mediterranean Network (TMN) to share and find information in the energy sector;
- Unified e-GPP PLATFORM: database to set quality green energy requirements, eGPP & LCC support tools;
- CREAINNOVATION Sustainability Evaluation Tool
- Living Lab Network for green manufactoring;
- Methodology for pilot plants on green manufactoring.