The Green Growth Community will take part in the 2021 edition of Circle the Med organising two panel discussions the 19th October from 8h00 to 10h30 GMT with high-level politicians, researchers and representatives of international organisations.
Circle the Med 2021 will take place between the 18th and the 22nd October in a hybrid model live from Greece and Egypt simultaneously. The Green Growth Community (GGC) will participate with two sessions the second day. Both sessions will keep the focus on green growth in the Mediterranean. However, the first session will delve into strategic directions and actions and the second one into concepts, approaches, and stakeholders.
The first session will take place from 8h00 to 9h15 GMT and it will be moderated by George Kremlis. The panel will be composed by high-level representatives of the Greek government and the business sector. The panellists will be:
- Konstantinos Skrekas, Minister for the Environment, Energy and Climate Change, Hellenic Republic
- Spilios Livanos, Minister for Rural Development and Food, Hellenic Republic
- Christiana Kalogirou, Secretary General for Rural Development and Food, Hellenic Republic
- Sokratis Famellos, f. Alternate Minister of Energy and Environment, Hellenic Republic
- Yannis Maniatis, f. Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (2009-2015), Hellenic Republic
- Federico Porrà, Policy Officer Circular Economy DG Environment, European Commission, Italy
- Maria Anargyrou-Nikolić, General Manager for Coca-Cola HBC Greece and Cyprus.
- Ihab Tarek, Senior International Legal and Governance Expert, Egypt
The second session will run from 9h15 to 10h30 GMT and it will dive deep into concepts, approaches and stakeholders around green growth. The panel will be integrated by a varied representation of researchers and international organisations from across the Mediterranean:
- Susan Gardner, Director of Ecosystems Division, United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
- Sergio Ponsa Salas, Director of BETA Technological Center, Spain
- Constantina Kottaridi, Associate Professor University of Piraeus, Director of the MSc & Laboratory of Bioeconomy, Circular Economy and Sustainable Development, Hellenic Republic
- Ehab Shalaby, PhD Sustainable Development, Chairman of DCarbon Egypt
- Mahamadou Tounkara, Director of Governance, Strategy, Partnerships and Communication, Global Green Growth Institute
About Circle the Med
Circle the Med represents a community promoting the “Med circular way” of thinking based on six pillars: cultural heritage, green growth, blue economy, renewable energy, smart cities and sustainable tourism. Circle the Med Forum represents a pathway to sustainability. It follows a new development model that decouples growth from resource constraints. We are promoting new production-consumption models and business initiatives in a “circular way”.