Metropolitan and periurban agriculture (MPA) still suffers from a “mainstreaming gap”, remaining overlooked by public policies.
MADRE will gather MPA key stakeholders and create a transnational cooperation in the MED area to foster a change process in the urban food supply model.
The project will capitalize on knowledge, pilot actions and policies, and networks in order to pave the way for MPA stakeholders’ empowerment and commitment to initiating a transnational clustering process.
Such a process will involve a pluralistic and multilevel partnership from 5 MED countries.
- White Papers for Metropolitan and Peri-urban Agriculture
Policy Paper_Towards sustainable food systems in the Mediterranean: the role of metropolitan agriculture
Best practice Catalogue and Platform on Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture
- LP – AVITeM, Agency for Sustainable Mediterranean Cities and Territories -FRANCE
- PP – ANIMA, Anima Investment Network – FRANCE
- PP – CIHEAM-MAIM, International Center for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic studies-mediterranean agronomic Institute of Montpellier – FRANCE
- PP – MED CITIES, MediterraneanCities – Mediterranean Network for Urban Sustainable Development – SPAIN
- PP – Metropolitan City of Bologna – ITALY
- PP – Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Special Account for Research Funds – GREECE
- PP – Agricultural University of Tirana – ALBANIA