The agrifood sector is well represented within the Green Growth Community, reflecting the relevance of this sector in our society. Rising global populations and food demand, water scarcity and contamination, soil degradation and the negative externalities of the agribusiness sector are but a few of the challenges that Europe, and especially the Mediterranean, are faced with.
- Developing and applying innovative production and quality control methodologies related to olive oil health protecting properties (ARISTOIL, Reinforcement of Mediterranean olive oil sector competitiveness through development and application of innovative production and quality control methodologies related to olive oil health protecting properties);
- Testing and validating an advanced e-commerce solution to support small producers in MED territories characterized by agro-food excellences (CAMARG, Clusters of Innovative Zero-km Agro-food Marketplaces for Growth);
- Development of a model and implementation of a toolkit for the establishment of transnational circular economy meta-clusters in two leading sectors of the Med Economy: wine and agrofood (EMBRACE, European Med-clusters Boosting Remunerative Agro-Wine Circular Economy);
- Gathering key metropolitan and peri-urban agriculture stakeholders to encourage transnational cooperation in the MED area and foster change in urban food supply models (MADRE, Metropolitan Agriculture for Developing an innovative, sustainable and Responsible Economy);
- Fostering targeted systemic interventions to green the agrofood supply chain, promoting the market uptake of eco-innovative patterns and maintaining competitiveness in the frame of the regional Smart Specialization Strategy (PEFMED, Uptake of the Product Environmental Footprint across the MED agro-food regional productive systems to enhance innovation and market value);
- Promoting, disseminating & transferring innovative approaches for the establishment of efficient greenhouses in the MED area, minimizing water & energy demand (MED GREENHOUSES, Green Growth through the capitalization of innovative Greenhouses).
- Policy Paper “Towards sustainable food systems in the Mediterranean: the role of metropolitan agriculture”;
- White Papers for Metropolitan and Peri-urban Agriculture;
- ARISTOIL family platform to learn about news, olive oil producer and miller database and to be part of the community;
- Aristometro for measuring the health promoting phenolic compounds oleocanthal (anti-inflammatory) and oleacein (antioxidant);
- Guide for production and quality control of olive oil with increased health protecting properties;
Training material in e-form about the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and phenolic compounds, the factors influencing the phenolic content of EVOO and a guide for the production of EVOO with high phenolic content;
- ES-KPIs Economic and Social Key Performance Indicators to merge PEF (Product Environmental Footprint) with Social Footprint & Product Social Identity;
- Methodology for transferring CAMARG project’s results;
- Product Environmental Footprint Tool to facilitate the elaboration of PEF studies in the olive oil, bottled water and wine sectors;
- Info-sheets – technological and management solutions for companies willing to improve their environmental and socio-economic profile;
- Report containing a description of PEFMED project, a summary of all the pilot case studies performed and a final project position paper.